On Saturday I’ll be facilitating a conversation with youth leaders about youth, ministry, and the internet, and I’d love to get some insight from my six faithful readers. I’ve got some questions below, but don’t limit yourself to these five questions. Also, please forward this to anyone who works with kids in the church. Thanks!
- In general, how do you feel about the internet and kids (very open-ended question, I know)?
- Your church kids are online – right now, probably. Do you have any sense of how they use the internet?
- Do you know if your church kids use the internet for anything related to their faith or to the church?
- Do you use the internet in your youth ministry? If so, how? If not, why not?
- Besides having content (news, information, sports, pornography, music, video, etc.), the internet is also a social medium, a place to meet other people. What opportunities or challenges does the internet as a social medium present to youth and youth ministries?