Pink Shoes invites you to tag yourself on the 8 random things about me meme. So, here I go:
- Sometimes I fantasize about doing an end zone dance (like football
players after scoring a touchdown) following a baptism, sermon or
worship service. It’s a reason to celebrate, no? Dance before the Lord, baby!
- I’ve been thinking of getting a tattoo for years, but I never have the nerve to pull the trigger. The tattoo would be of a chain around my neck with a cross hanging from it. I’ve worn a cross around my neck since high school, pretty much every day, all the time. It makes for a strange tattoo, I know.
- I once saved a man’s life. In 1995 a truck driver and I pulled a burning man out of a burning pick-up truck on I-95 in Delaware. The pick-up exploded in A-Team fashion a few minutes after we got him out. The man lost a leg and had wicked internal injuries, but lived.
- When I open a new jar of peanut butter, I often write my initials in the peanut butter with a knife. This is something that I did with my mom growing up, and that I’ve already done once or twice with my daughter.
- I dream of being the lead singer in a cover band that performs The B-52’s Love Shack. The most fun and best party song of my generation.
- I’m a Rockefeller Republican. But since they don’t exist any longer, I caucus with the Democrats.
- A man once had to be rushed to the hospital in the middle of one of my sermons. I didn’t think I was that bad of a preacher!
- I proposed to my wife at a diner. 10 months later, we had our wedding rehearsal dinner there.
This entry was posted in Blogging
. Bookmark the permalink