Pink Shoes invites you to tag yourself on the 8 random things about me meme. So, here I go:
- Sometimes I fantasize about doing an end zone dance (like football
players after scoring a touchdown) following a baptism, sermon or
worship service. It’s a reason to celebrate, no? Dance before the Lord, baby!
- I’ve been thinking of getting a tattoo for years, but I never have the nerve to pull the trigger. The tattoo would be of a chain around my neck with a cross hanging from it. I’ve worn a cross around my neck since high school, pretty much every day, all the time. It makes for a strange tattoo, I know.
- I once saved a man’s life. In 1995 a truck driver and I pulled a burning man out of a burning pick-up truck on I-95 in Delaware. The pick-up exploded in A-Team fashion a few minutes after we got him out. The man lost a leg and had wicked internal injuries, but lived.
- When I open a new jar of peanut butter, I often write my initials in the peanut butter with a knife. This is something that I did with my mom growing up, and that I’ve already done once or twice with my daughter.
- I dream of being the lead singer in a cover band that performs The B-52’s Love Shack. The most fun and best party song of my generation.
- I’m a Rockefeller Republican. But since they don’t exist any longer, I caucus with the Democrats.
- A man once had to be rushed to the hospital in the middle of one of my sermons. I didn’t think I was that bad of a preacher!
- I proposed to my wife at a diner. 10 months later, we had our wedding rehearsal dinner there.
2 thoughts on “8 random things about me meme”
#7 – Once I was the pulpit supply for a small rural congregation and as I preached I noticed there was one man who didn’t look too comfortable. When we shared the peace I asked him if her was ok. He said he was diabetic and hadn’t eaten that morning. Another man gave him some glucose tabs.
By the end of the service he was worse so I had one of the other parishioners drive him home…you know the way, take a right at the light down by the hospital (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).
Later I found out that he was having a heart attack and got to the hospital just in time. I had the same reactions as you: didn’t know I was that bad. 🙂
I’ve had somebody rushed to the hospital TWICE during a worship service I was officiating. The first time it happened during Holy Communion right after a sermon on how Uzziah was struck dead for treating the things of God too lightly.
Comments are closed.