Watch out, eBay! Watch out Waste Management contractor serving our neighborhood! An onslaught of crap is coming your way from my basement. You see, my wife and I are recovering pack-rats – ok, I’m recovering, she’s still on the fence. But we’re moving from our spacious three-level plus basement townhouse to a two-level plus (smaller) basement townhouse three states away. And so in preparation for the move, we’re tossing lots of stuff that at one point in time seemed like a good idea . . .
- Such as two months of the Philadelphia Inquirer during the first Persian Gulf War in 1991.
- Such as that "genuine" piece of the Berlin Wall, still in its original box from the early 1990s.
- Such as a half dozen Cuban silver coins celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Revolution.
- Such as thousands of common baseball cards that are worth nothing (don’t worry – I saved the few dozen cards that have some value).
- Such as antique and semi-antique knick-knacks that at one time seemed cute, quaint or interesting to us. Now they just seem like clutter and landfill fodder.
Thank God for strong Hefty trash bags and a guy who’ll take my junk and sell it on eBay for a small fee. VHS tapes of the Vicar of Dibley, anybody?