Theology Quiz – did I fail?

If I’m preparing for ordained ministry in the Lutheran Church, is it bad that an online quiz says that I’m squarely in the Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan tradition?  I always knew I had a holiness streak in me, but something tells me this ain’t a perfect quiz . . .

Hat tip to John over at Progressive Involvement – with whom I agree on many things except for baseball team and Democratic candidate of choice – for the link to the quiz.

What’s your theological worldview?
created with
You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God’s grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Neo orthodox

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

Roman Catholic

Reformed Evangelical

Classical Liberal

Modern Liberal

About Lutheran Zephyr

This entry was posted in Blogging, Faith & the Church, Lutheran. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Theology Quiz – did I fail?

I did one of these quizzes once and quickly figured out that there were code words used in some traditions that I didn’t know, so that made me realize that it was written from the slant of a certain tradition. I’ll pass on this one, but sometimes these are fun.

2. D. P. says:

Almost everybody comes out Holiness/Wesleyan on that inventory, including people I know who are squarely in one of the other listed groups! I think whoever wrote it made “Holiness/Wesleyan” a sort of default setting unless you actually held to a deeply stereotyped caricature of one of the other options.

3. I tried a similar one recently, turns out I was Zwinglian… just don’t tell Dr. Wengert! šŸ™‚
    Then again I have an excuse, I’m only in my first year of Seminary.

4. Diane says:

There’s no “Lutheran.” I think there was in another quiz. anyway, I think I scored neo-orthodox, which would make my uncle very happy. huh. I’d like to be more “emergent.” It’s “in.”

5. Ivy says:

I too am Evangelical/Holiness Wesleyan, but my percentages were slightly different than yours. We can’t all be that, can we?

6. LawAndGospel says:

Yep.. Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan, followed by Emergent. Diane is right, where was Lutheran?

7. Ivy says:

I found a better quiz!!! This one is on how centered we are and is at Centered Life: Connection Sunday to Monday at on the Luther Seminary website.

8. John Petty says:

Chris, don’t feel too bad about your “holiness” score. Your “neo-orthodox” score makes up for it!

9. hamletta says:

I got “Emergent,” followed by Catholic. I do love me some smells & bells…