I Cried Like A Baby

Today I was Approved for Ordination in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.  Upon hearing those words, I cried tears of joy and relief and thanksgiving.

More thoughts and reflections later.  After a nice dinner with my dad and step-mother, and a stop at FedEx-Kinkos to download the Diane Rehm Show on my iPod, it’s time to make the 3-hour drive home.

I’m going to be a pastor in Christ’s church.  I still can’t quite believe it.

Lord, have mercy upon me.
Christ, have mercy upon me.
Lord, have mercy upon me.

This entry was posted in Faith & the Church, Family, Lutheran, Vocation. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to I Cried Like A Baby

1. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
    This synod is doing a lot of things that nurture and energize my faith in God and in this mission we call “church”. This decision ranks high on that list.

2. Fr Chris says:

Congrats, Chris!
    I’ll keep you in my prayers, and let us know when your ordination will be. If it’s this summer, I may try to come, since we’re in DC all summer and close to both VA and Philly.

3. bls says:

That’s wonderful! Congratulations. May God bless you and be with you in your ministry.

4. Pink Shoes says:

Congratulations!!

5. liz says:

Congratulations! Many blessings on your ministry!

6. Pastor Eric says:

Congratulations!!!

Good news. I’m at our mutual “acquaintance’s” home , came here for the baptism of the little guy. Nice to see where they are living. I haven’t been to this area before.

8. John Petty says:

Hearty congratulations! You’ll be great, especially if we can get you over some of your odd political and sports views. 🙂

9. Diane says:

congratulations! prayers for mercy and grace for you. it’s the only way we can do it.