I was perusing the website for the National Lutheran Youth Gathering and noticed an invitation for displays and exhibitors. Which got me to thinking . . . is it time for Lutheran Bloggers to reach beyond webrings and blogrolls and become organized enough to show up at national Lutheran events – such as the Youth Gathering and/or Churchwide Assembly? It seems to me that the Lutheran online community – as disorganized and disparate as it is – is an emerging established arena for reflection on theology, ministry, and life from a Lutheran perspective, and some broader exposure might not be bad for us or for the whole church.
What do you think? Is this a good idea, a lousy idea that isn't worth the pixels its printed on, or something in between?
Leave your comments. We'll take it from there.
PS. Just for fun, I was thinking of names for such a group. Please add your ideas!
- SLOB – Society of Lutheran Online Bloggers
- ALB – Association of Lutheran Bloggers
- BLA – Blogging Lutherans Association
- Blog Alone
- ELBA – Evangelical Lutheran Bloggers Association
- JELBO – Junta of Evangelical Lutheran Bloggers Online
- LWB – Lutherans Who Blog
- NAFTRYC/IJALB – Not a Fad to Rescue Your Church/It's Just a Lutheran Blog
- LMBAW – Lutheran Ministerium of Blogs and Adjacent Websites
- LWPCGPAE – Lutherans Who Probably Can't Get Published Anywhere Else