My goal on this blog is simple: to offer semi-intelligent, heart-felt reflections on Christian ministry, faith, and life, as it happens.
Martin Luther once said that he banishes the Devil by breaking wind. “I resist the Devil, and often it is with a fart that I chase him away.”* The work of casting out demons is both deeply spiritual and incredibly quotidian.
Hence my Lutheran Zephyr is a light Lutheran wind; or, a way to banish the devil.
- Rebels Rewatch #3: Nothing Left to Fear“When you ain’t got nothing, you got nothing to lose.”
- Rebels Rewatch: “What’s wrong with us?” “We have hope.”Hope keeps them going despite the odds stacked against them.
- Rebels Re-Watch: Who Are You?It begins with a question. And a kid. And a great cast of characters. And yes … there’s plenty of room for faith.
- Let’s Come TogetherFaith was on display in the fantastic conclusion to a thoughtful, world-building season.
- “Go! There are too many. This is the Way.”Mandos of many beliefs come together.
Separation of church and state, the life of the church, justice, Latin America, baseball, and running are among the passions I’ve written about here.
The guy behind the pixels, on my way to pick up some hoagies and cheesesteaks.
For more about me, click here.
I write for my church elsewhere.
This blog is not professional but instead is a personal, poorly branded, uncurated repository of various ideas and insights gleaned whilst hemmed in by the Alpha and the Omega.
* This is a legitimate quote! It can be found in Martin Luther’s Table Talk, No. 122: Treatment of Melancholy, Despair, etc. November 30, 1531, in Luther’s Works vol 54, page 15.